City of Mississauga requires, private property owners, to install Fire Route Signs, as per their guidelines. Parking Sign fabricates
these Fire Route Signs and Steel Posts and also assists in installing these signs. You will find below the required Fire Route Signs,as per the Mississauga
by-law number 1036-86.
Where a fire route has been designated under this by-law, the fire chief or a fire prevention officer may issue an order requiring the property owner: (a) to establish the fire route in accordance with the provisions of this by-law; (b) to erect and maintain authorized signs at locations on the fire route approved by the fire chief and (c) to install hydrants in accordance with the provisions of this by-law. Where a fire route has been designated under this by-law, the property owner shall: (a) complete and file with the Corporation’s Fire Department an application form; (b) file in triplicate with the Corporation’s Fire Department, plans for approval by the Fire Department showing the proposed location of the fire route which shall meet the minimum requirements set out in Schedule “A” to this by-law.
Mississauga Fire Route Sign Installation Guidelines
1. Fire route signs shall be permanently mounted on a rigid sign post, pole or building structure.
2. Fire route signs shall be erected at a height of between 1.9m and 2.5m as measured from the edge of the travelled portion of the designated route, to the bottom edge of the sign.
3. Fire route signs shall be installed at a distance of between 0.3m and 3m from the travelled edge of the designated route.
4. Standard fire route signs shall be installed along the route at approximately 30m intervals or as frequently as is necessary to identify the route in the judgement of the fire chief or his designate.
5. Standard Signs Type FR-1, FR-2, FR-3 and FR-6, when required, shall be installed at a 45 degree angle in relation to the edge of the travelled portion of the designated route facing approaching traffic.
6. Standard Signs Type FR-4, FR-5, FR-7 and FR-8 when required, shall be installed at a 90 degree angle in relation to the edge of the travelled portion of the designated route, in such a manner as to allow both of the sign faces to be visible to traffic.
7. Standard Sign Type FR-9, when required, shall be installed at a 90 degree angle to the edge of the travelled portion of the designated route and shall be erected between 0.6m and 3.0m from the said travelled edge and shall be positioned between 3.0m and 10.0m from the property line, along the fire route at all vehicular access points.
Steel Posts & Sign Brackets for Fire Route Sign Installation
In Mississauga, Fire Route Signs, are to be installed on a steel posts or Light Pole or on the Building.Parking Sign stocks U-Channel Posts and Square Steel Posts of different lengths for mounting Fire Route Signs. The U-Channel & Square Steel Sign Posts feature a galvanized finish on hot-rolled, high tensile strength steel for years of maintenance-free performance. Posts are available in lengths of: 8', 10' and 12'. These steel posts are heavy. To avoid high shipping costs, you can pick up these posts from our Retail store in Mississauga. To install these Signs on a concrete Surface, Parking Sign stocks Metal Bases with Square steel posts (8 feet) For Light pole installation, we also have Sign Brackets for single sided and double sided Fire Route Signs. We also offer Installation services for insttalling these Fire Route Signs in Mississauga.
To Quotes & Orders, please call: 905-274-5566 or e-mail us at: email@example.com